Web Application Penetration Testing
Minatio as a leading web application security company offers complete web application scans, manual testing, risk assessment, reporting of findings, and post-test consulting. Our web application security testing helps you lower your risk of data breach, improve productivity, protect your brand, and maximize the ROI from your web applications.
Why perform Web Application Security Testing?
- To understand how well your development team followed the secure software development life cycle.
- To identify and validate all security vulnerabilities associated with your Internet-facing environment.
- To ensure your critical data and systems are safe from an external based attacker.
- Our web application testing addresses specific regulatory requirements, such as PCI DSS requirements 6.6 and 11.3.2.
The primary goals of Web Application Security Testing:
- Create a basis for future decision making regarding resource allocation and information security strategy.
- Provide management with an understanding of the level of risk introduced by the web application.
- Provide details to facilitate a cost-effective and targeted mitigation approach and recommendations
Step-By-Step Approach to Web Application Security
The process begins with host and service enumeration, followed by content enumeration and discovery. A web crawl of application and associated servers follows. Finally, the testing of user-accepted input sources is performed, concluding with the testing of login forms and credentials, Also the examination of session cookies used by the application. Application security testing and analysis follows a structured process of steps, each of which provides the tester with additional knowledge of the application structure. This is necessary to identify and conclusively validate the existence of a specific vulnerability, thereby eliminating false positives.